…and my first real week there, was full of warmth and self-reliance. Let me tell you, it felt great to be travelling again, and to realize that in a short span of time with a car in a city, I can rapidly find the things that make me happiest.
- Got to see
, & , Shinohara, Shogun, , SirViolet and K.T. (I’m so sorry I didn’t get to see you on Saturday night!)
- Took in at least one recreational educational seminar
- Had a fantastic time discovering Eclipse, an extensible Java-based platform often used as an integrated development environment (IDE) – I even got caught on film (you can see my hair in a bun at the far right)
- Upgraded 3 of my company’s install sites
- Got a lot of time to write in my offline diary
- Was cradled in soft duvets and pillows, reminding me that I am a human being, and I deserve to be treated like one! :)
- Fell in love again with National Public Radio — not as a sole source of news or information, but a damn refreshing change from the general media.
I’ve come back to Toronto to find myself starting with a clean slate, a refreshed perspective, and a new sense of purpose. Old projects back-burnered have been renewed. Unfulfilling activities have been eschewed. Tabula rasa, but with my wisdom in tact.