…and my first real week there, was full of warmth and self-reliance. Let me tell you, it felt great to be travelling again, and to realize that in a short span of time with a car in a city, I can rapidly find the things that make me happiest.
- Got to see
, & , Shinohara, Shogun, , SirViolet and K.T. (I’m so sorry I didn’t get to see you on Saturday night!)
- Took in at least one recreational educational seminar
- Had a fantastic time discovering Eclipse, an extensible Java-based platform often used as an integrated development environment (IDE) – I even got caught on film (you can see my hair in a bun at the far right)
- Upgraded 3 of my company’s install sites
- Got a lot of time to write in my offline diary
- Was cradled in soft duvets and pillows, reminding me that I am a human being, and I deserve to be treated like one! :)
- Fell in love again with National Public Radio — not as a sole source of news or information, but a damn refreshing change from the general media.
I’ve come back to Toronto to find myself starting with a clean slate, a refreshed perspective, and a new sense of purpose. Old projects back-burnered have been renewed. Unfulfilling activities have been eschewed. Tabula rasa, but with my wisdom in tact.
Damn My work for running me ragged! Damn damn damn! Heheh
I am glad You had a good time out here! Hopefully if You come back, My schedule will be a little more relenting. :)
I’m incredibly thankful you had such a good time in LA, and it sounds like you have some really good friends there (I myself can’t and won’t be bothered to go to SoCal, hehe).
I also wanted to point out the bloody obvious — you’re the only female attending that seminar. That put a big smirk on my face.
YYAAYY for fresh perspectives!!!
I’m glad that you have been able to find yourself abit more on this trip.
I miss you though … I miss the hello kisses and the godbye kisses and the watching of the M*A*S*H ….
It was great to finally meet you! You’re such a cool person. ^_^ Hope you had a successful conference here & a safe flight home.
Hey, you’re in Toronto? Cool! Do you ever go to T.Y.T. at the 519?
Man, I miss Toronto… I’m hoping to come back within a year when I am more advanced in my transition.
…very much! Want to get together sometime for South Park, M*A*S*H, cool board games and sloppy kisses? ;)
Thanks — had a blast, even at Norm’s! :)
And I’ll promise to keep considering the US if you will consider some acceptable risk sometime. Would you like to go flying with me someday? :)
You call Fox News the “general media”? :)
Ok ok! But you have to promise to warn me before you do something that may get us intercepted by our own Air Force. ^_^’ J/k! Seriously, I’d love to. ;-) I’ll try not to get airsick like I did in a helicopter over the Grand Canyon, haha.
Thanks again for taking the time to meet up last week.
Glad SOMEONE got my joke :)